[Grok-dev] Wrong version of Twisted?

Noah Gift noah.gift at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:37:21 EST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 8:33 AM, Sebastian Ware wrote:

> Now I get it. I should be using python 2.4.4 but it seems that I am
> using python 2.5. Can I force Grok to use a specific python
> executable?

Yes, when you do an easy_install you must be careful to use the
easy_install that has an entry point to python 2.4.x.   What may trip
you up, is that you have already installed Grok under python2.5, so
you it is probably in /usr/local/bin/grokproject.  You probably will
want to delete the python2.5 grok egg, and the script in your scripts
directory.  Also, virtual env is starting to be quite nice as it
solves that whole problem of where the heck am I, and what python is
it problem.  I exclusively use virtualenv now on OS X, thanks in large
part to Tres and Chris, who showed me. I put some slides here on using
virtualenv:

http://www.blog.noahgift.com/virtualenv.pdf

I actually have the word grokproject in there too :)