[Grok-dev] Re: Web site ready for relaunch?

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Wed Jan 23 07:52:08 EST 2008

> I think we should just look at resolving the download issue. I also
> noticed some extra newlines in various code samples in the main
> tutorial, like here:
>
> $ python
> Python 2.4.4
>

> (The >>> should follow directly, of course).
>
> I wonder what's going on here?

That is odd. I did a view source in Firefox and copied and pasted the
HTML into a text editor and an extra newline creeps into the mix!
Doing a save as on the page does not produce this problem. Bugs! All
code has bugs!

Anyways, it's fixed now.

Also for those of you following the ongoing CSS fiddling I've fixed a
previous CSS change that inadvertently made text eensy-teensy-tiny in
the Kupu editor. Also, the Kupu in Plone 3 allows you to upload images
directly from the edit page of a help doc, so it's really easy to
include relevant screenshots with your docs - except then you don't
get to take advantage of the syntax highlighting provided by the
restructured-text docs ...

I've also been thinking it would be quite nice to add TAL docs to the
Grok doc site. When people new to Zope want to learn TAL I usually
tell them too Google for "plope tal". Aside from the funny looks I get
when I say the word "plope" the TAL docs from The Zope Book doesn't
always make sense in the context of Grok, there are things such as:

"A good rule of thumb is that if you need Python to express your
logic, you better factor out the code into a script. But Zope is a
good tool for prototyping and sometimes it would be overkill to write
a script for one line of code."

or

"A later release of Zope will probably include technologies from and
inspired by the CMF."

http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/ZPT.stx