[Grok-dev] Re: Martian as an external in the Grok trunk

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jan 24 07:06:18 EST 2008

Hey,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
[snip]
> It is that (having to checkout martian now too and add that as a develop
> egg) that tripped me up - I know about the [versions] way of getting
> specific versions. I realize you made note of the 0.9.3 requirement in
> the CHANGES.txt, but I can imagine a brief heads-up to the list would've
> helped me preparing for this.

Next time I will do that, my apologies! I understand the frustration -
it's just hard to juggle all these configurations.

[snip]
> However, I still think having martian as an external in Grok could
> potentially hide the requirement for having martian of a certain version
> *released* when there's a Grok *release* being made.

That's true. I think special attention needs to be taken when releasing.
Reading CHANGES.txt carefully before release should help, I think. Of
course we'd typically we releasing martian before we release grok
anyway, if necessary.