[Grok-dev] Re: Martian as an external in the Grok trunk

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Jan 26 17:22:49 EST 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>>> I'm still not sure. But I don't also know how to formulate my
>>> arguments more clearly at this moment. I'll get back on it when I do.
>>
>> I just had an idea elsewhere in this thread. Next time we feel the
>> need to change a dependency such as Martian and then change Grok, we
>> should branch it first.
>
> Hm, I realized that in fact we'd only need to branch Grok, not
> necessarily the dependency.

I've just released Martian 0.9.3 and removed the svn:external. Future
work on Martian + Grok will be done from a Grok branch. I hope that
resolves your problems!

I do expect to work on Martian again in the near future, but will do
this on a Grok branch. I have some ideas on changing some of the
directive APIs which should allow some cleanups in Grok's grokkers.