[Grok-dev] Re: error_log?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Jul 1 12:28:28 EDT 2008

El 1 Jul 2008, a las 16:32 , Peter Bengtsson escribió:
> I don't understand how to create one in my own site nor how to
> register it.

Standard Zope 3 procedure if you use the ZMI (see my book).

> All I have is a app in a Grok root. I suppose this works the same as
> in Zope2; that you have a global error_log but you can, and Plone
> does, create a local error_log by creating a new object. The
> equivalent in Zope3 would be to do the registration.

Exactly. You can register one as a local utility in your site with
Grok if you don't want to use the Zope 3 ZMI. You can even have it
show up in the container itself under the name 'error_log':

   from zope.error.error import ErrorReportingUtility
   from zope.error.interfaces import IErrorReportingUtility

   class MyApp(grok.Application, grok.Container):
       grok.local_utility(ErrorReportingUtility, IErrorReportingUtility,
                          public=True, name_in_container='error_log')

That's it!