[Grok-dev] Web site down

Tim Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Thu Jul 3 18:14:33 EDT 2008

On Jul 3, 2008, at 6:36 PM, Kevin Teague wrote:

> The server was rebooted this morning so that more memory could be
> allocated to the vmware image it's running in (from 256 MB to 512 MB).

During this short time two people on irc wondered why they couldn't
use grok
or grokproject.

I think it would be good if we could make grok and grokproject not
depend on
grok.zope.org being available. Perhaps we could add the latest
versions.cfg to
grokproject when we do a grok release? Then the extends line in
buildout.cfg
can use this versions-0.13.2.cfg.

If someone wants to upgrade their app from 0.13 to 0.14 they could for
instance
run "grokproject --upgrade-to=0.14" and a new versions-0.14.cfg would be
downloaded and the extends line in buildout.cfg would be updated.

Just a thought. It's nice to get rid of a single point of failure.

/Tim