[Grok-dev] Re: megrok.rdb updated

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Sat Jul 12 18:10:11 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, 11.07.2008 at 15:24:52 +0200, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Looking at zope.sqlalchemy might be interesting for you to do this,
> perhaps. (if you don't want megrok.rdb to do this for you)

thank you! I'll probably go for it rather sooner than later. ;)

>>> We need to write up more about how to do forms for grok.zope.org, I think...
>> In my theory, this should be explained on the web pages concerned with
>> zope.formlib or z3c.form (no need to replicate on grok.zope.org), but
>> the - practically important - "edge cases" are the ones that one needs
>> to dig the source for, as far as I can see.
>
> In practice, we just create whatever documentation we think is useful
> and add it to grok.zope.org, simply because that's the most smooth path
> to new documentation, no matter what we're documenting.

Ok. At this point, I'm still trying to understand why, and how,
different widgets are scattered over several packages. Like eg.
zope.app.form.browser, which only appeared on my radar when I was using
something like

$ grep -ri widget  *

:-(

Kind regards,