[Grok-dev] Re: first release of megrok.trails made

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jul 17 14:11:47 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
[snip]
> Hence my going ahead and releasing, after several wasted months of not
> making further progress on it; I think I'm going to need gentle pushes
> in the Right Direction before I see how to clean things up and make
> Trails a nice Zope citizen.

You may be able to get rid of the grok.Model requirement now by relying
on grokcore.component.Context instead. This is actually a good thing for
Grok-usage as well, as should also make it work with other model-like
things (like megrok.rdb models).

grok.Traverser will be more difficult. The *nice* way to do this would
be to see whether we can't extract some new grokcore.* out of it that
contains this, so you don't have to rely on the whole of Grok.

Alternatively of course you could just rely on the Zope 3 package
directly and do a lower-level registration using grokcore.component, but
  that would suddenly make you rely on a less high-level abstraction,
which would be a bit of a shame.