[Grok-dev] Ctrl-c doesn't kill zope

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Fri Jul 18 06:47:56 EDT 2008

Hendrik Bunke <bunke at hbxt.org> writes:

> I'm playing around with grok a little, and so far nearly everything
> just works great. However, I've got a minor problem with stopping
> 'zopectl fg' via ctrl-c.

If you are on Linux, you can use the "stty" command to see if control-C
is really your "interrupt" keystroke; from my prompt:

$ stty -a
speed 38400 baud; rows 24; columns 80; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; swtch = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R;
werase = ^W; lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl -ixon -ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel iutf8
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt
echoctl echoke

Look at the second line; the "intr = ^C" means that Control-C is how you
interrupt the currently-running program.  Maybe this is set to something
else on your terminal?  Also, make sure on the next-to-last line that it
says "isig" and not "-isig", because "isig" is the switch that says
"when you get the 'intr' character, send a fatal signal to the running
process instead of just telling it that someone typed Control-C as a
character that it might be interested in."