[Grok-dev] Re: "powered by Grok" sites and apps page

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu Jul 24 04:06:12 EDT 2008

Kevin Teague schreef:

> Jegenye 2001 Bt (Miklós Prisznyák) wrote:
>> There could/should be really a "sites built with Grok"  section on
>> grok.zope.org....
>>

> Yes, we should have something like this on the site - anyone takers willing
> to volunteer to compile and maintain this list?
>
> At it's simplest this can just be a page of links at an URL such as
> /about/builtwith/ and a person or two who is willing to update it now and
> again.
>
> These lists do tend to become a bit long and hard to maintain over time so
> alternatively if anyone is feeling particularly energetic either a new Plone
> content-type or a mini Grok app that had a provision for fields such as
> Screenshot, Industry, Country, Type ("Site", "App" or "Add-on") etc.

Something like plone.net? The contenttypes are all there. Support for
both "providers" and "sites". And with by-country and by-industry
listings. Works pretty well (I'm the main reviewer on plone.net, so I
get to use it on a few times per week).

Possible snag: plone.net is geared towards public websites. How many
non-websites are build with grok? I mean, what would we do with a game
made with grokcore.*?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees          Blog: http://vanrees.org/weblog/