[Grok-dev] Re: 0.14 todo list

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jul 29 06:50:22 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
>> Anything else to put on the list?
>
> Model-based security.

I deliberately didn't put it on the list, as 0.14 will be challenging
enough without it. It'd like to get the WSGI stuff in there finally, and
that's a huge enough new feature without piling on this.

Anyway, just a meme correction: Grok *does* have model-based security
and always has. We shouldn't go around saying Grok doesn't have it. It
doesn't have model-based security *checks*, but it's perfectly possible
to assign someone or a group a permission or role on a model.

What would be a smaller project is someone implementing a simpler API
for security assignments as we discussed at the sprint.

Another hot topic on our wishlist for a long time is some user
management screens.

And then there's the grokui.* work of course. :)