[Grok-dev] Re: z3c.pt in Grok

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jul 29 07:30:26 EDT 2008

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Martijn Faassen schrieb:
>> I'm especially curious about cases where a template uses another using
>> some kind of inclusion scenario. ZPT expects inclusion (for instance
>> of macros) to happen by view lookup. I think many other template
>> languages include bits from another template on the filesystem. This
>> might bump into Grok complaining when it finds a template without an
>> associate view.
>>
>> I'm not sure your .rst templates can refer to external templates. If
>> so, it'd be interesting to find out whether that works.
>>

> Not sure i understand correct, but the 'include' and 'raw' directives
> both work - includepaths must be absolute or relative to the folder the
> grok application ist started from.

This behavior I don't think is what you'd expect using restructured
text, though, right? You'd expect it to try to include from the same
directory the restructured text file is in. This is probably not a big
problem for typical restructured text usage, but, I think, a big problem
problem for something that really wants to include a file for reuse very
commonly.