[Grok-dev] Re: feedback of mod_wsgi and repoze.grok

Vincent Fretin vincent.fretin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 08:32:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Graham Dumpleton
<Graham.Dumpleton at gmail.com> wrote:>
> It is best not to specify 'processes=1' to WSGIDaemonProcess if you
> only want one process, let mod_wsgi fallback to its default of
> creating one process if 'processes' is not defined.
>
> The difference is significant, because if you use the 'processes'
> option, whether or not it is set to '1', it will be regarded as being
> multiprocess in WSGI world. That is, wsgi.multiprocess is True. If you
> don't specify 'processes' and let default of one process apply
> wsgi.multiprocess will be False.
>
> This all matters as stuff like interactive debuggers such as
> EvalException from Paste will not work when WSGI says it is
> multiprocess.
>
> For more details see:
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/DebuggingTechniques
>  http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ProcessesAndThreading
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't read these pages yet. I'll read
them for sure, it's on my TODO list now.

I think I should update
http://grok.zope.org/documentation/tutorial/installing-and-setting-up-grok-under-mod-wsgi
with my experiences, do a fusion of the two tutorials if it's ok with
Carlos de la Guardia, the main author of this documentation.
Martijn Faassen will give me write access on the documentaion shortly.
--
Vincent Fretin