[Grok-dev] local but-non-persistent registration of components

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jul 29 14:20:04 EDT 2008

Hey,

I saw that a discussion on megrok.feeds evolved towards a discussion of
local-but-non-persistent registration of components such as views,
adapters and utilities.

I'd be nice to have this feature. I think we have two areas of discussion:

* how to actually do it technically - how do we make sure these locally
registered components are correctly known as 'registered' in a site when
starting up the application?

* what a nice syntax for this might be to make this work for the various
kinds of components (or what the impact would be to make grok do this
automatically in some cases)