[Grok-dev] Re: pinning version of zc.buildout useless?

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Jul 30 15:33:00 EDT 2008

Vincent Fretin, on 2008-07-30:
> Hi,
>
> When you create a grok project with grokproject 0.8, you have the
> versions.cfg file in the created directory.
> In this file you have zc.buildout version pinned to 1.0.6.
> For me this version will never be satisfied because when you execute
> `python2.4 bootstrap.py`, it installs always the latest version on
> PYPI (now it's 1.1.1). Am I wrong?
> It says "Getting distribution for 'zc.buildout==1.0.6'", but actually
> it copy the one installed system-wide (or in a virtualenv I think) or
> download the latest from pypi.
> The generated bin/buildout use zc.buildout 1.1.1.

"python bootstrap.py" will give you the latest zc.buildout.  When you
then run bin/buildout, it should update itself to use the pinned
version from versions.cfg.  A bit unexpected perhaps, but that was
what happened last time I tried this.

I don't know how a system-wide installed zc.buildout would affect
this.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/