[Grok-dev] Re: ZCML

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Jul 31 13:38:10 EDT 2008

Hey,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Dennis Noordsij
<dennis.noordsij at movial.fi> wrote:
[snip]
>> Once you got your mini framework for menus going I'd be quite interested
>> in seeing this extracted as a megrok.viewletmenu or something, so we can
>> experiment with it. Note that Philipp recently ported Zope 3's menus
>> system (non-viewlet based) to Grok too, with megrok.menu. I think
>> eventually we need to consider including one of them into the Grok core.
>
> That would be interesting; have to figure some details (like which item
> is active right now, url resolving / sites, etc), but I'll try to
> extract something useful, a tutorial if anything, out of it.

Great, thank you!

> As for megrok.*, is there a framework or howto with the boilerplate
> stuff filled in ? (as in:
> how-to-write-megrok.helloworld-and-use-it-in-your-app-the-egg-way)

Hm, I don't think there's a tutorial for this yet; would be another
very useful thing to have! Certainly you can get some ideas from
looking at megrok.form, megrok.rdb, megrok.rdf or Philipp's
megrok.menu, or all the other megrok packages that are in
svn.zope.org. I think often people just start with a normal
grokproject and then remove what's not necessary.

This:

http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/combine-grokproject-with-the-svn-trunk-version-of

gives you some idea on how to install a package in development mode in
another Grok application, useful when you want to try out your
megrok.* code before releasing it. This example is for grok itself,
but if you were to have some megrok.foo egg you wanted to install
you'd add it to your 'develop' line the same way (and you can ignore
the 'extends' stuff).