[Grok-dev] Re: viewlet/viewletmanager namespace fixes

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:16:47 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Previously we had some discussions on changing the namespaces pushed
> into a page template when a viewlet is in use, and removing the 'url'
> method from viewlet and viewlet manager. The url method on these is
> currently inconsistent with the one in view, and untested, so this is a
> situation that we should resolve.
>
> I don't know what the status was of this discussion. Is there work being
> done on a branch?

yes there is:

   http://svn.zope.org/grok/branches/jw-viewlets-fix/

I'm quite far already and will request and need some feedback in the
near future. I people want to have a look already, then please do. But I
still need to write some text about the changes.

The launchpad issue describes the thinking for the fix though.

regards,
jw