[Grok-dev] Re: Grok 0.12.1 released, Was: Grok 0.12 released!

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 04:09:40 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Maurits van Rees wrote:
>> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman, on 2008-05-31:
>>> The subject should of course have said "0.12.1". Duh.
>>
>> Hi Jan-Wijbrand,
>>
>> Can you do an svn up on the 0.12 branch, run bin/buildout, run
>> bin/bundlemaker and upload the resulting grok-eggs-0.12.1.tgz to
>> http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/ ?
>
> I'm not JW and I didn't actually upload anything, but I just tried it
> out as I was curious. Went off without a hitch, nice tarball produced
> which also includes windows eggs for Python 2.4 and Python 2.5, good job!

I am JW and I did actually upload something :)

I followed you instructions and the tarball is available now. Nice job
indeed!

There's one, uhm, no two remarks I'd like to make:

First, the tarball is created from the 0.12 *branch*. I guess from now
on we should run bundlemaker from release *tags* and use the
versions.cfg from that particular release tag, right?

Which leads me to my second point: the generic notes on how to do
releases [1] should get an addendum with specific notes for Grok
releases. The bundlemaker and uploads steps should be inlcuded in this
addendum. I'll see what I can do about that.

kind regards,
jw

[1] http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/releasing-software