[Grok-dev] Re: more changes in martian, grokcore.component

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Mon Jun 9 04:23:00 EDT 2008

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> I've just released Martian 0.10. Martian 0.10 follows up on some
>> recent Martian changes. What's new:
>>
>> * new tutorial content, replacing the old README.txt. Those tests have
>> moved to core.txt. The new tutorial is shorter and should explain
>> Martian better to beginners.
>
> Excellent idea.
>
>> * new directives: martian.component, replaces component_class
>> class-level attribute on grokkers. martian.priority replaces priority
>> class level attribute on grokkers, and martian.directive replaces the
>> new 'directives' list. It takes a directive (class) as an argument,
>> and optionally the further parameters to bind() (name, default,
>> get_default).

As stated on pypi, this is not backward compatible.

And this breaks grokcore.component :

grokcore.component 1.3 depends on martian >= 0.9.6

A 1.3.1 release of grokcore.component would be needed which would
specify <0.10

before we make a release that is compatible with martian 0.10.

I am currently trying if specifying martian==0.9.7 as dependency in
buildout can be used as a workaround.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be