[Grok-dev] Re: more changes in martian, grokcore.component

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jun 9 16:20:48 EDT 2008

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:

>> I am currently trying if specifying martian==0.9.7 as dependency in
>> buildout can be used as a workaround.
>>
> Confirmed ! This is the right workaround.

Typically the right "workaround" is to use a versions section in buildout:

[buildout]
versions = versions

[versions]
martian = 0.9.7

Requiring the user to specify a version of a dependency (martian) of
another dependency (grokcore.component) in buildout sucks. Unfortunately
it's the best compromise we have right now.