[Grok-dev] Re: testing megrok.trails

Graham Stratton gns24 at mythic-beasts.com
Thu Jun 12 03:30:01 EDT 2008

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
>>> Being at a conference has inspired me to dust of megrok.trails and
>>> see
>>> if I can do an alpha release to at least get people trying out the
>>> thing.  Following our recent discussions here, I'm convinced that
>>> it's a
>>> better fit for us that something like routes, since routes and other
>>> similar URL writers would want to take away from Grok the
>>> selection of
>>> which View is placed atop the model.
>>>
>>> So I just checked it out, then built it out, and upon running "bin/
>>> test"
>>> am seeing the error:
>>>
>>>   Module: megrok.trails.ftests.test_trails_functional
>>>
>>>   Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>     ImportError: cannot import name class_annotation
>>>
>>> This feels familiar, like I've seen this error before, but I can't
>>> remember where!  Has anyone on the list seen this before?
>> util.class_annotation was the old way of getting the information
>> from a class that was stored there by a directive. We now use the
>> directives themselves to do that.
>> Please take a look at trunk/doc/upgrade.txt for a detailed
>> description of how to change your code. Let me know if anything's
>> missing, I'll gladly update that document.
>
> I just now realized you're not working with the grok trunk, you're
> working with a released version. That's a bit scary, it looks like
> grok 0.12.1 can't import class_annotation from martian.util. Are you
> perhaps using a more recent version of martian than recommended for
> grok 0.12.x?

I've been suffering with the same problem. It turned out that I was
lacking the

[buildout]
versions = versions

line from my buildout.cfg. Sadly, now that I've fixed that bug, my
application doesn't work any more! :-(
Actually, the application is working fine, but the ZODB has data in it
which causes the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/graham/.buildout/eggs/tmpnYs0jL/zc.zope3recipes-0.7.0-
py2.4.egg/zc/zope3recipes/debugzope.py", line 60, in debug
   File "/Users/graham/.buildout/eggs/tmpnYs0jL/zc.zope3recipes-0.7.0-
py2.4.egg/zc/zope3recipes/debugzope.py", line 41, in zglobals
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope.event-3.4.0-
py2.4.egg/zope/event/__init__.py", line 23, in notify
     subscriber(event)
   File "/Users/graham/.buildout/eggs/zope.component-3.4.0-py2.4.egg/
zope/component/event.py", line 26, in dispatch
     for ignored in zope.component.subscribers(event, None):
   File "/Users/graham/.buildout/eggs/zope.component-3.4.0-py2.4.egg/
zope/component/_api.py", line 130, in subscribers
     return sitemanager.subscribers(objects, interface)
   File "/Users/graham/.buildout/eggs/zope.component-3.4.0-py2.4.egg/
zope/component/registry.py", line 290, in subscribers
     return self.adapters.subscribers(objects, provided)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope.interface-3.4.0-
py2.4-macosx-10.3-i386.egg/zope/interface/adapter.py", line 535, in
subscribers
     subscription(*objects)
   File "/Users/graham/buildout-eggs/tmpfJVzFP/
zope.app.principalannotation-3.4.0a1-py2.4.egg/zope/app/
principalannotation/bootstrap.py", line 36, in bootStrapSubscriber
   File "/Users/graham/.buildout/eggs/zope.app.appsetup-3.4.1-
py2.4.egg/zope/app/appsetup/bootstrap.py", line 80, in ensureUtility
     utils = [reg for reg in sm.registeredUtilities()
AttributeError: type object 'IClientIdManager' has no attribute
'isOrExtends'

I'd like to keep my data; how can I go about getting the ZODB into a
working state?

Thanks,

Graham