[Grok-dev] 0.14 wishlist items

Craeg Strong cstrong at arielpartners.com
Fri Jun 13 10:57:11 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> It's time to start thinking about what's going to be in Grok 0.14.
>
> What other wishlist items do we have for 0.14?

RelativeRestResource would be very handy for me.
I could help out with tests and docs, but would need help from a Grok
guru for the actual design and implementation.
It would only be a few lines of code, but the main issue is a
philosophical one-- is this a common enough use case that it should be
directly supported in Grok?

Even if it is not common today, it would make a nice addition to our
introductory set of recipes, in my opinion.
Something like: "Did you know that Grok makes it trivially easy to
create fully REST-compliant apps that have nice, easy to read/remember
URLs?"

My day job involves a giant honking J2EE application, but even there the
architects are very aware of and interested in REST.

--Craeg