[Grok-dev] Re: SVN: Sandbox/ulif/grokintrospector/ Create a sandbox for Grok-related introspector stuff.

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Jun 21 09:47:00 EDT 2008

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> writes:
>
>> For now however (0.14), we'll make Grok core rely on grokui.admin, as
>> we just want to move forward step by step and not wait until all of
>> this is worked out. Separating it out of the core is the first step.
>
> And, just to make sure I'm not confused: "grokui.admin" will contain
> what is currently inside src/grok/admin, so that users can elect not to
> use all of the views its provides for administering things?  So that
> users can use Grok to just provide them with web-app development stuff
> and not ZODB-app-instance-management stuff?

grokui.admin will contain that's in src/grok/admin, but extended and
modified by the introspector project.

The idea is to *eventually* be able to turn this off. I see that as a
goal beyond 0.14 though; for 0.14 I think we'll ship with it, unless
someone figures out the whole development/deployment profile story real
fast. It might happen, as we also hope to land WSGI stuff in 0.14.