[Grok-dev] Re: Using martian to load schemata

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 12:40:40 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen <faassen <at> startifact.com> writes:

> If you store your schema information in the ZODB I wonder how you're
> going to do this. The XML cannot be loaded during configuration time
> then, as at least to my knowledge, the ZODB isn't loaded yet during
> configuration time. In addition, only global component registrations
> will have been made - you cannot get to local utilities at this point.
> during configuration time.

Yeah, this is somewhat orthogonal and wouldn't invole martians or grokkers.
That bit's done. :)

Basically, we use a dynamic module that creates the interface on the fly the
first time it is accessed, based on a model stored in the ZODB. We can talk
more about that in a different, thread, though.

Martin