[Grok-dev] Re: Using martian to load schemata

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 21:25:44 EDT 2008

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Can anyone tell me whether Martian would be worth exploring here? Or do I need
> something else that's more aware of the Zope 3 CA? I don't fully understand how
> to react once the CA is loaded, though I'm guessing I should be using
> zope.configuration actions in some way and ensure that my actions execute late
> in the process?

Thanks to Martijn & co and Philipp on IRC, I managed to get this working
today. :-)

The code is in

http://dev.plone.org/plone/browser/plone.supermodel/trunk/plone/supermodel/directives.py

An example is here:

http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/example.dexterity/trunk/example/dexterity/page.py

The plone.dexterity.api import is just a convenience thing. It pulls in
Schema and model() from the plone.supermodel.directives (along with a
few other things).

Cheers,
Martin