[Grok-dev] STORM howto

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Thu Mar 13 13:14:55 EDT 2008

Christian!

I could easily follow you howto to get storm working. I have two
questions:

-Performance of inserts are slow

I am storing an object that I previously stored in Zodb and I get a
transaction throughput that is 20 times slower using Sqlite3 than when
I stored it in the Zodb. Is this expected?

-Regarding the installation instructions. Doesn't one have to change
directory to stormcontainer prior to calling setup.py:

   After checkout we have to install the package stormcontainer to our
   python's site-packages directory. This works with the command:

   python2.4 setup.py develop

Also, maybe one should note that in a virtualenv setup one uses the
python2.4 executable that is located in the virtualenv /bin directory.

Mvh Sebastian