[Grok-dev] we need running Grok apps on the site

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Tue Mar 18 11:12:09 EDT 2008

Our Grok web site needs a section of really cool working web apps,
where the user can switch between trying out the app, and then looking
at a tutorial that goes briefly through its source code to explain how
things were linked together.  When someone sits down to code up a web
app, they often want to look around for something similar, then copy
the ideas into their own code.  I know that we have a few Grok-based
apps that users can get at and try running themselves, but they're
scattered elsewhere and the users need to hunt them down.  I think we
need some official demos for grok.zope.org.  Is the machine set up
where we could run them, and is the web server something like Apache
can than proxy everything beneath certain URLs down to separate web
servers?