[Grok-dev] Re: Day #1 of the Grok Sprint

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Tue Mar 18 15:10:03 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> writes:

> Thanks for this report, I was very curious how it was going.  How'd
> your talk at PyCon go, by the way?

Well, *I* enjoyed it. :-) But, obviously, someone from the audience
should answer, as they would be a far better judge!  I can say that
all of the comments I have heard so far have been positive, so, even
allowing for selection bias (== those who didn't like the talk
probably didn't bother to walk up and tell me!), I have high hopes
that my talk was not one of the ones that Bruce Eckel was talking
about when he famously proclaimed that, this year, "the quality of the
presentations was unusually low.  I'd say that 80% were not worth
going to."

>> We have not yet tackled what on earth do to with the interfaces.py
>> file (we suppose that some sort of inheritance hierarchy will now
>> have to exist between the various grokcore interfaces and the main
>> Grok interfaces),
>
> Why can't you import those defined in grokcore.component.interfaces
> into grok.interfaces?

Well, grokcore.component.interfaces would then have to depend on
several things in Zope, since some Grok interfaces inherit from things
like IBrowserView and IBrowserPage.