[Grok-dev] Re: making releases to PyPI

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Mar 18 17:47:12 EDT 2008

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
> Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> writes:
>
>> For grokcore.component, you could release it yourself ...
>> Concerning megrok.trails, that's entirely up to you. ... For all
>> releases, do please follow this guide:
>>
>> http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/releasing-software
>
> To avoid repeating myself, I always reduce release procedures like
> this to a script.  Where might I place my script when it's done so
> that others could review it, and use it if they wanted to?

It's actually not as long a release procedure as it sounds. Some of this
involves some manual checking (the documentation bit). Still, a script
might be useful as the procedure by now is fairly well established.
Before you write the script, try the procedure by hand a few times.

You'd want Philipp to review your script, as he wrote this release
procedure (for Zope 3 packages in general, grok.zope.org just seems to
be the only place it's actually published on!). You can also talk to him
about where the script might want to be, I have no idea right now. :)