[Grok-dev] Grok on Python 2.5?

Tim Terlegård tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se
Thu Mar 20 03:56:07 EDT 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 1:07 AM, Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:

> While here at PyCon, I've run into some Fedora guys who would love to
> package "grokproject" with their distribution, but they only have
> Python 2.5 and we don't guarantee that we work with that.
>
> If I wanted to make Zope 3 and Grok "officially" support Python 2.5,
> what would I take?

There's a FAQ entry about this:
http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/FAQGeneral#which-python-version-is-required

I think many use grok and zope3 with python 2.5 successfully. IMHO, it
should
be possible for us to officially support 2.5 even if zope3 doesn't
yet, although
it's stated that it works.

I don't know if zope3 is regularly tested with python 2.5. As far as I
know grok
doesn't have any automatically run tests. This would probably be a
good idea.
And if the tests pass for 2.5 I think we can support it officially,
IMHO.

/Tim