[Grok-dev] Re: collective.namedfile + blob

mictlan tecutli mictlan.tecutli.0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 07:52:22 EDT 2008

hummm. i wonder if i´m missing something. although the form, using megrok.form.fields.BlobFile field works fine, and though i can navigate to the objects created through the form, blobs don´t appear in my blob directory. my assumption, becuase i can navigate to the uploaded object and download the file, is that these files are still bieng stored in the zobd.

since the form works (that is the data gets uploaded, and i can see it in the DisplayForm), i assume that the problem isn´t in my implementation.

i have edited zope.conf according to these indications:
http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/FAQMiscellaneous#how-do-i-use-zodb-blob

when i restart zope, i get the following information, which appears to indicate that blobs are working:

2008-03-27T05:23:46 INFO ZODB.blob (8229) Blob cache directory '.../parts/data/blobs' does not exist. Created new directory.
------
2008-03-27T05:23:46 WARNING ZODB.blob (8229) Blob
dir .../parts/data/blobs has insecure mode setting

i don´t think that "insecure mode setting"  would keep the blobs from getting written, as i´m running zope with the same user that owns the blob folder. but just to be sure i make the blob folder universally writable. but still no dice.

am i missing something obvious?

thanks for the hard work on getting blob support in megrok.form

any advise is much appreciated