[Grok-dev] sprint mini-report 3
faassen at startifact.com
Sat May 3 19:01:36 EDT 2008
* a lot of progress was made on the new directive implementation in
Martian. grokcore.component (on a branch) has been completely converted
to the improved directive implementation, and grok (also on a branch)
has been converted quite far as well. There are more ideas floating
around that should help the introspector.
* a lot of progress was also made on megrok.rdb, the relational database
work. Much of the ideas we discussed in day 2 of the sprint now work, at
least in very rough form.
* some changes in grokcore.component and grok to make it easier to
create new kinds of models.You can now define an IContext interface on
some class to make it a model (so grok.context auto-associates). This
resulted in a release of grokcore.component. You can also define
grok.interfaces.IContainer to make it a container. The traversing
behavior and default view ('index') will be as for Grok automatically.
This is a change in Grok trunk.
* a potential bug was discovered in zope.interface as a result of the
above work; we're at least really confused by this behavior:
* experiments and discussions around automatic CRUD user interfaces.
* experiments with a declarative way to set cache headers on a view
* a lot of work on making grokproject easier to use and making downloads
* added tests and improvements to five.grok
Less Grok related, but done at the sprint:
* the start of zope.testrunner refactorings
* various ZODB fixes and backports
More information about the Grok-dev