[Grok-dev] sprint mini-report 6 (last day wrapup)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 5 07:59:30 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

Today was only a short day of sprinting. Mostly it was wrap-up
discussions. The main conclusion was that we need to find some way to
drive some of the larger topics online as well (not just at a sprint),
by having a single driver who pushes this and organizes small groups of
people to discuss this and hack on it. We made some launchpad blueprints:

* model-level security (driver: Christian Theune)

* menus (driver: myself)

* directive refactoring part 2 (driver: Philipp)

* pagelet (driver: JW Kolman)

* WSGI (driver: Philipp)

* 1.0 release planning (driver: myself)

If you want to be in on any of these topics, or want to propose other
larger topics, please let us (or at least the driver) know. We hope to
be able to replicate some of the more intensive design discussions we
have a sprint while we're not together in a room.

The refactoring part 2 has started today on a new branch of Martian. We
envision making grokkers more introspectable and more consistent with
these changes.