[Grok-dev] Re: grokproject, grok tarball and the i18n part

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu May 8 13:27:37 EDT 2008

Hi Uli,

Uli Fouquet, on 2008-05-06:
> -1 for removing that i18n part.
>
> Removing features that were available in several releases and without a
> replacement, sounds bad to me.
>
> +1 for using another recipe.

I am currently having a discussion with Roger Ineichen on the zope-dev
channel about his new z3c.recipe.i18n.  That can be a candidate.  But
it currently requires zcml, which would make it a -1 for Grok.

I am used to using i18ndude for this, though it has not been wrapped
into a buildout recipe yet.  It is in the Plone collective under the
GPL license.  Do we mind using a GPL program/recipe in grokproject?

Both lovely.recipe and z3c.recipe.i18n are ZPL btw.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/