[Grok-dev] Re: functional test fails

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 12 14:53:15 EDT 2008

Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> I am following Peter's testsetup howto
>
> http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/writing%2Cdiscovering%2Crunning-tests-with-z3c.testsetup
>

> when trying to run the first functional-test I got:
> "/home/perry/buildout-eggs/tmplQxZ2z/zope.configuration-3.4.0-py2.4.egg/zope/configuration/fields.py",
> line 141, in fromUnicode
> ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> "/home/perry/WAeUP_ng/Campus/src/campus/ftesting.zcml", line 11.2-13.8
>     ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'component', "ImportError:
> Couldn't import zope.app.securitypolicy.zopepolicy, No module named
> securitypolicy.zopepolicy")

If this it he bug I'm thinking of, if you change your ftesting.zcml to
point to zope.securitypolicy.* instead of zope.app.securitypolicy.*
it'll go away, I think.

This is an upgrade problem. With grok 0.12 we dropped
zope.app.securitypolicy, as it's only a deprecrated package that points
to zope.securitypolicy. We shouldn't have. We should've kept it in there
so that other people's code keeps working and they get a deprecation
warning.

I created a launchpad issue for it:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/229677

Someone should add zope.app.securitypolicy back to the Grok 0.12 branch,
and to the trunk (a modification of setup.py and versions.cfg should be
enough, just adding zope.app.securitypolicy again)