[Grok-dev] Re: friendly grok smash django pic

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Mon May 12 15:02:02 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
>  I think we should shine by the light of our features and good stuff, and
> not so much shine in contrast to others.

That is the best strategy. Although it is very tempting to bash the
competition, it is not a good practice because often it backfires:
when you attack a competing technology there's always a significant
risk of offending the people who use it.

One thing that Microsoft knows well is marketing, and historically
they never attacked the competition. The fact that recently they've
stopped ignoring Linux and went on the offensive against it is seen
as a sign of desperation by some analysts.

Cheers,

Luciano