[Grok-dev] Viewlet document for layouts

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Tue May 13 15:36:33 EDT 2008

Thank's for your explanation. I can see the incremental benefit.
Having refactored from snippets rendered in python code to snippets
rendered by small templates, I look forward to tackling this one as
well (but not this week...).

I found refactoring to be really fun with Grok, I hope we will preach

   Hack it the way you know how. When you learn more, refactor.

rather than showing too much of "the smart stuff" up front. A lot of
these cool features are quite intimidating. Just knowing about them
makes it difficult to realise that one can actually solve a lot of
problems with simple hacks, which easily can be refactored as one
learns new tricks.

Mvh Sebastian