[Grok-dev] Re: when "trunk" becomes a distribution point: disaster?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu May 15 05:44:54 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen schreef:

> I *think* Brandon was talking about relying on bootstrap.py from the
> buildout trunk directly. I agree we should either rely on the tag, or
> simply copy a version of bootstrap.py into our own directory. The latter
> has the benefit of simplicity. No more mistakes 'cd'-ing into the
> directory (which is needed for an external) and running bootstrap from
> there, creating a buildout in the wrong place.

Several people explicitly did wanted the trunk version in grokproject as
it needed to be up-to-date all the time. I personally don't mind to just
copy the file.

There's an older revision of grokproject where there's a simple copy of
the file both in the skeleton and in grokproject itself. Should be real
quick to change back.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees          Blog: http://vanrees.org/weblog/