[Grok-dev] Re: Memory footprint etc

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri May 16 13:03:06 EDT 2008

Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:
> not at all. Quite the contrary, the ony cache is the ZODB cache, which
> is in memory and caches object pickles so it doesn't have to go back
> to the ZODB until it gets an invalidation.

This is just rumor and innuendo, but I saw Jim commit some fixes to the
ZODB recently which said the cache was using way too much space. This
might be in other circumstances than the one Grok encounters, but still
interesting to explore. Perhaps someone wants to go out and investigate
what these changes mean? (or perhaps Christian Theune already knows.
Christian?)