[Grok-dev] grok.repoze and repoze.who

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Mon May 19 12:58:25 EDT 2008

Hi Santiago,
I can probably help you update that tutorial but I think Carlos de la
Guardia originally wrote it so I think he's the best person to help
you iron out the details.
My knowledge of wsgi is very limited but I know my way around the grok website.

I advice that you ping Carlos to read your points and either ask him
to update his tutorial or come back to me and I'll try to help you.

Peter

2008/5/16 Santiago Videla <santiago.videla at gmail.com>:
> Hi list,
>
> I just installed grok.repoze  and want to share my experience.
>
> The quickstart in repoze.org [2] works fine but doesn't say anything about
> creating the grok application. The tutorial in grok.zope.org [2] also seems
> to be ok, but there is a detail missing.
>
> At the end, once all the step are done (including the grokproject
> --no-buildout <your-project>). One have to create a zcml file in:
> your-sandbox/etc/grok-apps/your-project.zcml
>
> and add something like:
>
> <configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
>            xmlns:grok="http://namespaces.zope.org/grok">
>
>     <include package="<your-project>" />
>
> </configure>
>
> then go to the grok app folder and execute:
>
> # your-sandbox/bin/python2.4 setup.py develop
>
> I think that with this little tweaks, both tutorial will be complete. At
> least, it wasn't straightforward for me to figure out.
>
> There is another issue with grok.repoze, it comes with grok==0.11 dependecy.
> So, I had to update by hand a few eggs, and then modify the requires.txt in
>
> your-sandbox/lib/python2.4/site-packages/repoze.grok-0.1.5-py2.4.egg/EGG-INFO/
>
> to be able to run grok-0.12. I have to say that, I didn't documented which
> eggs I had to update. But I will reproduce the process and get a list of
> those.
>
> Last thing: anybody aware of repoze.who how can be used in grok to tackle
> the authorization issue?
>

> cheers
>
> [1] http://repoze.org/quickstart.html#repoze.grok
> [2]
> http://grok.zope.org/documentation/tutorial/installing-and-setting-up-grok-under-mod-wsgi/tutorial-all-pages
>
> --
> Santiago Videla
> www.revolucionesweb.com.ar
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/svidela
>
> Sigue la mata dando de que hablar siempre abajo y a la izquierda donde el
> pensamiento que se hace corazón resplandece con la palabra sencilla y
> humilde que l at s tod at s somos.

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com
home www.peterbe.com