[Grok-dev] Re: SQLAlchemy integration

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue May 20 13:55:08 EDT 2008

Hey,

Martin Aspeli wrote:
[snip]
> But zope.sqlalchemy doesn't do everything that collective.lead does (and
> ditto for some of the other packages). As far as I understand,
> zope.sqlalchemy is about moving the shared core of the various
> integration packages to a common package. The configuration semantics of
> collective.lead remain where they are, but collective.lead no longer
> does its own transaction integration.

I'm not sure yet what the right way to go will be. I suspect that Grok,
being all about configuration, and also using the SQLAlchemy's
declarative extension, will end up with its own configuration machinery
and might just need zope.sqlalchemy as a result.

In any case, studying collective.lead's configuration semantics was very
useful in figuring out what is required. We will at the very last want
to offer something very similar for non-declarative configuration of
tables and mappings (which we also want to support).