[Grok-dev] 0.12 doesn't work on windows!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed May 21 08:14:18 EDT 2008

Hi there,

At some point during the development of 0.12, someone decided to update
an egg dependency to a binary egg to a version that doesn't have a
Windows binary egg available. As a result, Grok 0.12 doesn't install on
Windows!

This shows again we should have a clear list of what our binary egg
dependencies are, so that this doesn't happen by accident.

Packages currently with binary eggs are (taken from Philipp's list for
0.13):

zope.i18nmessageid
zope.interface
zope.security
zope.app.container
ZODB3
zope.hookable
zope.proxy

Versions on 0.12 in use:

zope.i18nmessageid = 3.4.3 (no binary windows egg)
zope.interface = 3.4.0  (has win egg)
zope.security = 3.4.0b5 (has win egg)
zope.app.container = 3.5.0a1 (has win egg)
ZODB3 = 3.8.0b2  (has win egg)
zope.hookable = 3.4.0 (has win egg)
zope.proxy = 3.4.0 (has win egg)

I use URLs like this to check:

http://pypi.python.org/simple/zope.security

Looks like I need to inform Jim that we want windows versions of
zope.i18nmessageid 3.4.3 only to restore the situation for 0.12.