[Grok-dev] Re: Making an egg bundle for Grok

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed May 21 17:56:58 EDT 2008

Philipp von Weitershausen, on 2008-05-17:
> ... So I suggest writing a small
> recipe that installs the script, that way the parameter configuration
> could be a bit nicer:
>
> [bundlemaker]
> recipe = z3c.recipe.eggbasket#bundlemaker
> eggs = grok
> versionfile = http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.12.cfg
>
> The 'bundlemaker' recipe would be a very simple recipe along the lines
> of zc.recipe.testrunner, for instance, which also installs an executable
> with extra parameters from buildout.cfg.

I did this now.  The entry points in setup.py are now:

  "zc.buildout":
      ["default = z3c.recipe.eggbasket:Downloader",
       "creator = z3c.recipe.eggbasket:Creator",]

So you would create a script for making a tar ball like this:

  [bundlemaker]
  recipe = z3c.recipe.eggbasket:creator
  egg = grok
  versionfile = http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.12.cfg

And in another buildout (like a created grokproject) you would use the
tarball like this:

  [eggbasket]
  recipe = z3c.recipe.eggbasket
  eggs = grok
  url = http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-eggs-0.12.tgz

No support for fetching some extra win32 eggs yet.  That'll be my next
project.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/