[Grok-dev] Re: we need a MethodGrokker

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu May 22 07:24:06 EDT 2008

I have introduced a MethodGrokker base class on a grok branch called
'philikon-methodgrokker' (the MethodGrokker base class will obviously
move into Martian before the merging happens).

All tests pass except those that check whether permissions used in the
following way exist:

   class MyXMLRPC(grok.XMLRPC):
       grok.require('doesnt.exist')

       # otherwise empty class

With the new MethodGrokker, this won't generate an exception because the
referenced permission is never actually applied to any method (because
the class is empty).

The question is: Do we want to keep raising an error in this case, or
shall we go the "easy" (and actually cleaner) way of not doing anything?
Note that an empty XMLRPC class doesn't do anything anyway (which is
probably more worth of an error than anything else).