[Grok-dev] Re: releasing grokproject

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu May 22 20:02:18 EDT 2008

Martijn Faassen, on 2008-05-20:
> Hi there,
>
> What would need to be done before we can release a new version of
> grokproject? We need to get all these improvements to the masses.
>
> I figure the main thing that may be missing is documentation about how
> to use it. In particular, we need documentation for the release managers
> on how to create an egg bundle (including the windows eggs).

z3c.recipe.eggbasket now also fetches extra Windows eggs when they are
available on the cheese shop.

With this buildout config:

  [bundlemaker]
  recipe = z3c.recipe.eggbasket:creator
  egg = martian
  versionfile = http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.12.cfg

you get this tarball:

$ tar tzf martian-eggs-0.9.3.tgz
martian-eggs-0.9.3/
martian-eggs-0.9.3/martian-0.9.3.tar.gz
martian-eggs-0.9.3/zope.interface-3.4.0-py2.4-win32.egg
martian-eggs-0.9.3/zope.interface-3.4.0.tar.gz

Running it with 'egg = grok' gives these extra eggs that are not in
the current grok 0.12 tarball:

ZODB3-3.8.0b2-py2.4-win32.egg
ZODB3-3.8.0b2-py2.5-win32.egg
zope.app.container-3.5.0a1-py2.4-win32.egg
zope.hookable-3.4.0-py2.4-win32.egg
zope.interface-3.4.0-py2.4-win32.egg
zope.proxy-3.4.0-py2.4-win32.egg
zope.proxy-3.4.0-py2.5-win32.egg
zope.security-3.4.0b5-py2.4-win32.egg

Technically what happens, is that for each file that is downloaded
normally, I fetch the http://pypi.python.org/simple/<package> page and
use regular expressions to find urls like:

  http.*/package-version-py.*win32.egg

Well, that is a non official regexp; it's a bit more readable than the
real one, though that one is not so bad really. ;-) For the exact
workings, just see the code.  Seems to be working.

Is anyone missing windows eggs in that list that should be there but
are not found on the cheese shop by my regexp?

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/