[Grok-dev] How should I deploy my grok app?

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Fri May 23 07:11:20 EDT 2008

2008/5/23 Tim Terlegård <tim.terlegard at valentinewebsystems.se>:
> On May 23, 2008, at 12:31 PM, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
>
>> I've got a grokproject where I've checked in the buildout.cfg,
>> setup.py, src/.../* into svn.
>> Now, how do I deploy this on the live server?
>>
>> I followed this:
>>
>> http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/placing-your-grok-project-under-version-control/
>>
>> If I check out the project on my production server and run python
>> bootstrap.py followed by ./bin/buildout the whole site is run from
>> within the SVN tree.
>> I don't want that. I don't want my Data.fs to be inside the SVN tree.
>> It just doesn't make sense.
>
> Besides that it doesn't make sense, what are the real issues
> doing it this way?
>
> You can of course change zope.conf so it looks for Data.fs in
> some other directory if that makes you feel better.  :)

I looked at zope.conf there are 3 places where it defines the absolute
path which in my case is inside the SVN tree on the server.
Usually, in zope2 I'd install a brand new Zope on the server and
inside the Products directory make a symbolic link to the SVN checked
out stuff or do a svn checkout right there if there's only one product
to put into the zope.

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com