[Grok-dev] grokproject and default index.pt

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Mon May 26 19:35:50 EDT 2008

When you start a grokproject it sets up index.pt which sucks and
you're encouraged to immediately get that working.
However, I think we can win a couple of quick brownie points by making
index.pt a bit better. Let's make it at least XHTML with a decent
doctype (I suggest XHTML Transitional) and properly indented tags.

Here's the current one:
<head>
</head>
  <h1>Congratulations!</h1>

  Edit <code>${package}/app_templates/index.pt</code> to change
  this page.</p>

I suggest we change this to:
<head>
  <title>Congratulations! Your Grok application is up and running</title>
    body { font-family:sans-serif; }
</head>
  <h1>Congratulations!</h1>

  Edit <code>${package}/app_templates/index.pt</code> to change
  this page.</p>

It's not hugely important but will send a nice message to newbies.

Let me know what you think. I'm happy to commit it but won't unless
people like the idea.

This is what Django defaults to:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
  ...lots of style but also quite messy HTML...

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com