[Grok-dev] Re: releasing 0.12.1

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Sat May 31 03:17:16 EDT 2008

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Questions:
>>
>> * 0.12.1 should be able to run on windows again, since the required
>> binaries are released. Right?
>
> Yes, it seems Jim made the necessary Windows eggs. Still, this should be
> tested on Windows before a release.

Uhm, yes, I understand. I'll have to setup a virtual windows first then,
before I can test it. Anyone else that has a windows install around that
can confirm the current 0.12 branch works?

>> * Is there anything 0.12.1 can do to prevent Sebastian's "__iro__"
>> problem?
>
> Grok should continue to depend on zope.app.securitypolicy and
> zope.app.session, so that old pickles continue to work.

As far as I can see 0.12 does depend on zope.app.securitypolicy, and
indirectly (it is not in grok's setup.py, but the egg is installed) on
zope.app.session.

But probably you mean with "continue to depend on" that 0.12 already
does and this shouldn't change in 0.12.1, right?

regards,
jw