[Grok-dev] five.grok failure - 'Invalid value for', 'handler', 'ImportError: Module zope.app.component.metaconfigure has no global defaultLayer'

Vincent Fretin vincent.fretin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 07:12:43 EST 2008

I put five.grok-meta is zcml section too.
I didn't know you have to use a newer version of zope.component.
I'm lucky, I use the auto compile mo option of zope.i18n. I already
use fake eggs and pinned zope.component to 3.4.0.
Until now, I only created one grok.View. It works.

An other solution is to create your plone product as an egg in src/
put five.grok in setup.py's install_requires.
Add in configure.zcml :
<includeDependencies package="." />
and in your buildout :

[buildout]
versions = versions
eggs = ...
  z3c.autoinclude

[versions]
z3c.autoinclude == 0.2.2

[instance]
zcml =
    z3c.autoinclude-meta

By the way, big problem with z3c.autoinclude with eggs in the Products
namespace in install_requires. I'll write an other post about it.

--
Vincent Fretin