[Grok-dev] five.grok failure - 'Invalid value for', 'handler', 'ImportError: Module zope.app.component.metaconfigure has no global defaultLayer'

sylvain at infrae.com sylvain at infrae.com
Fri Nov 7 04:04:37 EST 2008

Hello,

> I put five.grok-meta is zcml section too.
> I didn't know you have to use a newer version of zope.component.
> I'm lucky, I use the auto compile mo option of zope.i18n. I already
> use fake eggs and pinned zope.component to 3.4.0.
> Until now, I only created one grok.View. It works.

  I even use the newest version of zope.component.

> An other solution is to create your plone product as an egg in src/
> put five.grok in setup.py's install_requires.
> Add in configure.zcml :
> <includeDependencies package="." />

   I don't recommend autoinclude; since you should not include the
meta.zcml of grokcore.view in Zope 2 (unless you want some bugs). It's
the responsability of each package to say which extension it depends on
and which configuration to load. If you want to automatically include
configuration files, do it only on the top level one, not the
dependencies (I don't known if autoinclude do that).

   I recommand in your extension to add a:

  <include package="five.grok" file="meta.zcml" />
  <include package="five.grok" />

  Best regards,

  Sylvain,